Communicating effectively through visuals doesn't have to be hard, even if you don't have a design background. Check out these resources and take your design skills to the next level:
Picking the Right Colors
Get up and running making colorful and communicative designs, including these key points:
- A short intro to color theory
- Harness the power of color for communication
- Use color contrast to make your most relevant content visually salient
- Highlight information with one color in a monochromatic design, or a complementary shade
- Group data with color to make visuals pop
- Use a color gradient to represent progression
Typography Made Easy
Everything you need to know about picking brand fonts, in these quick points:
- Get to know your brand personality
- Understand the personality traits of each font category
- Know your budget and licensing requirements
- Pick a pair of brand fonts that matches with your brand personality
- Make sure your brand fonts meet 3 basic requirements
Explore the art of summarizing information and how to present it visually:
- Learn the 3S Framework:
- Select the most important information
- Split up the information into logical parts
- Sequence the parts to tell a compelling story
- Turn a written summary into a visual infographic design
Brush up on your infographic knowledge by exploring common questions about infographics:
- What is an infographic?
- Why use infographics?
- How do I create an infographic?
- What are the different types of infographics?
- What makes an infographic design effective?
Infographic & Chart Design
10 Do’s & Don’ts that will help you present your ideas more effectively:
- Do use the right chart for your data
- Don’t (necessarily) use legends in your chart design
- Do highlight some details and downplay others
- Don’t introduce unnecessary complexity
- Do encourage comparison in your chart design
- Don’t overlook the power of words in your chart design
- Do show the right amount of data
- Don’t stick with standard chart sizes
- Do the math
- Do make your chart design memorable
Master the Use of Icons
Three minutes to complete icon mastery: learn how to use icons, icon color and placement effectively in your charts, presentations, resumes, and general design.
Curious about upgrading? Compare our plan features side by side.