Customize the colors of charts, icon charts and map charts with the Color Tool.
Here's a quick video overview of the basics:
Open the Chart Menu
Open the Chart Menu (settings):
- Double-click on the chart where it appears on the design canvas, or
- Select the chart and and click "Edit Chart" in the top toolbar.
Open the Color Tool menu
Click the Color Tool icon in the Chart Menu to change the color of a segment on the chart. Each segment has its own customizable color. These appear in the Data Tab spreadsheet of the Chart Menu, next to the data values for the chart.
Click the Color Tool icon for the data segment you want to change the color of, then use the color picker wheel or choose from Brand or Swatch colors to change the color of the segment.
The colors will automatically change on the design canvas as you make the changes in the Chart Menu.
Change the color of a chart segment with the Color Picker or choose from Brand or Swatch Colors
Click the color droplet next to the datum row or column you want to change. Any cell in the spreadsheet that appears in the Chart Menu with a Color Tool 'droplet' icon next to can be customized.
Choose the color from the Color Picker by clicking anywhere on the wheel. Some tips:
- The color you select in the wheel will appear in preview in the large color tile underneath the Opacity slider, as well as on the design canvas as you change the color of that section of the chart.
- You can adjust the black and white value of the color with the slider next to the Color Picker wheel.
- Use the opacity slider beneath the wheel to control how transparent the color appears, and whether the color of any elements behind it is visible.
Need more help? Learn how to use the Color Tool.
Brand or Swatch colors
Click any color tile under the heading 'Brand Colors' or 'Swatch Colors' to use it in that segment of the chart. The colors that appear under the Brand Colors heading are determined by the Brand Kit you have enabled. The colors that appear under Swatch Colors are based on the default colors of the design, as well as the color(s) you've swatched in the design.
Save the changes to your chart color(s)
Click Save in the Chart Menu (upper right corner) or anywhere on the design canvas or outside of the canvas area.
Close the Chart Menu without saving changes by clicking "Cancel" in the upper right corner of the Chart Menu.
Curious about upgrading? Compare our plan features side by side.